Here is another interesting response from a candidate who is looking for a “lovable” career.
My passion for developing websites increased, and at one point of time I realized that a career in this field would be lovable as well as challenging. I now feel confident I can make an immediate and positive contribution and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the available opportunities and provide further information.
Joel on Software have another good resume tip if you are a Software Developer applying for a small company.
Here is an excerpt;
When a startup CTO sees a resume that says things like:
* Responsible for $30m line of business
* Architected new ERP platform
* Managed team of 25 developers
* Optimized business processes
they think, “Spare me, that’s all we need, somebody running around trying to manage and optimize and architect when we just need someone who isn’t afraid to write code.” Here’s the stuff CTOs at startups want to see on a resume:
* Single-handedly developed robust 100,000 LOC threadsafe C++ service
* Contributes to OpenBSD file system in spare time
* Wrote almost 75% of the Python code running IsIt2009Yet.Com